Board-Certified Criminal Defense Attorney in Jacksonville
Providing Strong Criminal Defense to Florida Clients
If you or someone you know is under suspicion or has been charged with a crime, whether a felony or lesser offense, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified criminal defense attorney before making any statement or responding to questions from police, investigators, or prosecutor.
Mitch Stone always makes it a point to know as much or more than the opposition knows: about the law, about the facts and about the evidence. Often, he can demonstrate that the state lacks the evidence to prove its case, or that there were flaws in procedure requiring that the case must be dismissed.
Contact our Jacksonville law offices for a confidential, free consultation about your situation.
Our Criminal Law Practice
Drug crime convictions can have a devastating impact on your life. Mitch Stone provides skilled and creative defense strategies to challenge the government's case.
Fraud & White Collar Crimes
The agents and prosecutors are experienced, educated and trained to develop evidence to convict. Attorney Stone provides a sophisticated defense methodology to counter these financial crimes investigations by the FBI, DEA, IRS, SEC, and other state and federal agencies. Attorney Stone is experienced in handling major indictments including:
- Health care fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Government fraud
- Securities Fraud
- Identity theft, credit card fraud, and internet crimes
- Money laundering and asset forfeiture
- Public corruption
- Tax fraud and tax evasion
Violent Crimes & Weapons Charges
State and federal authorities have made the prosecution of violent crimes and weapons charges cases a priority. Minimum mandatory sentencing and enhanced prison terms apply to convictions in this arena. Board-certified criminal trial lawyer Mitch Stone has developed effective strategies to counter such prosecutions. As a result, clients have experienced favorable results, including suppression of evidence, dismissal, and not guilty verdicts at trial.
Few charges involve as much emotion and prejudice against the accused as sex crimes. The reality for an accused convicted of a sex crime includes harsh prison terms and sexual offender registration requirements. Mitchell A. Stone, is a former sex crimes prosecutor. He has the experience, knowledge and reputation to ensure his clients are treated fairly even in the face of such egregious allegations. He have consistently produced favorable results due to smart, effective and aggressive defense work.
DUI & Driving Offenses
Mitchell A. Stone is recognized across Florida and the United States as an authority on drunk driving defense. Mitch Stone has trained other lawyers, has taught other lawyers and is prepared to defend DUI cases at all stages including jury trials. Mitch Stone has conducted over 100 criminal DUI jury trials to verdict.
Other Felony & Misdemeanor Charges
Mitchell A. Stone has the experience building successful and powerful criminal defense cases in all areas, including:
- BUI and boating offenses/fish and wildlife violations — Boating under the influence is as serious as DUI in a car
- Theft, burglary, and property crimes — Attorney Stone is a contributing author of a published treatise on property crimes. Stone has defended clients on countless misdemeanor property crimes as well as major felony property crimes. Stone does not allow his clients to be convinced unnecessarily.
- Juvenile crimes — Attorney Stone prosecuted juveniles and understands that kids make mistakes. He works to protect the rights of your child in order to prevent a bad decision from ruining his or her future.
- Law enforcement defense — There is no leniency when police officers are accused of crimes; prosecutors and judges are eager to prove that no one is above the law. Stone understands that everyone including police sometimes find themselves in the crushers of an investigation. Police are people too and everyone deserves the best defense available. Stone has represented police officers the same as anyone else. Favorable results are important to us.
- Grand jury proceedings — Stone knows the law and knows how to advise and represent targets of investigations, witnesses or subjects who might be later indicted in state or federal grand jury sessions.
- Post-conviction relief — Mitchell A. Stone, P.A., represents clients who have been convicted and need help. Post-conviction motions, motions to reduce sentences and criminal appeals are used regularly by the firm to the benefit of his clients including those with special circumstances, reopening old convictions for immigrants facing deportation, or barriers to citizenship can lead to citizenship where no hope existed before.
Find Out Where You Stand
You can reach our Jacksonville offices at (904) 263-5005, or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
Payment Plans Available
Creative Legal Approach
Focused on Results
The Lawyers’ Lawyer