Drug Trafficking Lawyer Jacksonville, fl
Skilled Counsel Against Drug Trafficking or Conspiracy in Florida
Jacksonville drug trafficking lawyer Mitchell A. Stone has successfully represented clients implicated in major state and federal trafficking and drug conspiracy cases. If you or someone you know is under investigation, under arrest, or otherwise is implicated in a drug crime, it is critical to have an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side especially before making a statement to police, investigators, or federal agents.
Contact our Jacksonville law firm if to arrange for a free consultation with Attorney Mitchell A. Stone.
Motions to suppress evidence collected through improper law enforcement search and seizure procedures that violate the Fourth Amendment have resulted in suppression of evidence and the outright dismissal of charges all together.
Attorney Mitch Stone has defended clients charged with drug trafficking, manufacturing, possession, and distribution of:
- Methamphetamine (meth, ICE, crystal meth)
- Prescription drugs such as OxyContin and hydrocodone
Drug Trafficking Penalties in Florida
Conspiracy to import, distribute, traffic, or dispense illegal drugs in federal court can carry mandatory sentences of 10 years to life. In Florida, drug trafficking charges are punishable by up to life in prison with up to 15 and in some cases 25 years of minimum mandatory time. Mitchell A. Stone has developed effective defenses against major drug charges to significantly improve the chance for favorable outcomes for clients, even when the evidence seems insurmountable.
Sometimes challenging evidence and procedures is necessary. Attorney Mitch Stone will file motions challenging:
- The legality and execution of a wiretap. Police must operate under strict rules, if not it can result in rulings suppressing evidence obtained from wiretapping.
- The manner in which clients were arrested. Entrapment can occur when informants and undercover agents encourage law abiding people to become involved in crimes they would not normally have been involved in.
- Informants and undercover operatives sometimes cross the line and understanding how to attack their credibility is crucial. Effectively challenging informants can result in suppression of evidence or support reasonable doubt if the prosecution's case hinges on their testimony.
Jacksonville, FL Drug Trafficking Defense Lawyer
If you or someone you know is facing drug trafficking, conspiracy or any other type of drug-related crimes, contact charges in Florida state or federal court, contact Mitchell A. Stone, P.A. immediately for a free case evaluation.