DUI Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
Fighting DUI Charges in Duval County
Drunk driving arrests happen all the time in Florida, and the state is aggressive in prosecuting these types of cases. DUI can happen to anyone at any time, so regardless of whether this is your first interaction with the criminal justice system or you have prior DUI convictions, it is imperative that you seek qualified legal representation after a DUI arrest.
Mitchell A. Stone, P.A. is recognized for cutting-edge defense of DUI charges and for effective representation in the parallel administrative driver's license suspension proceedings. If you were arrested for a DUI offense in Duval County, St. Johns County, Clay County, Nassau County or any of the surrounding jurisdictions of Northeast Florida, get in touch with Board Certified Criminal Law Trial Lawyer Mitch Stone for a free consultation to discuss your rights, the possible consequences, and potential defenses that pertain to your case.
To avoid jail and retain your driving privileges, you need a law firm experienced in all aspects of defending a DUI case.
Request Your Free Consultation
DUI CRIMINAL CHARGES IN Jacksonville
Mitch Stone represents clients in all types of DUI cases, including:
- DUI manslaughter — These are the most serious type of DUI offenses. Mitch Stone has defended clients accused of DUI manslaughter for over 25 years. He has taught other lawyers his effective defense strategies concerning causation, blood draws, and blood alcohol tests. He knows how to defend these cases and has represented many clients who were not convicted of DUI manslaughter or vehicular homicide due to his effective representation.
- DUI felonies — You could face prison time if you have prior drunk driving convictions, or if you are accused of causing an injury accident or fatal crash while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- DUI misdemeanors — A DUI conviction stays on your record for life and could result in jail, fines, probation, alcohol counseling, rehab, community service, and a license revocation. All of that will apply if you are convicted of even a first offense DUI. Not to mention other collateral adverse consequences such as a huge increase in insurance premiums and possibly loss of employment.
- Drug DUI — Drug DUI charges don't always involve illegal substances; in fact, many arrests involve prescription or over-the-counter drugs. Attorney Mitch Stone will conduct a full and thorough investigation into your case, including the results of urine and blood tests, to provide you with a solid defense.
- Driver's license suspension hearings — Your license is most often suspended just for being arrested for DUI. Mitch Stone knows how to challenge that and he will work to get your full driving privileges reinstated and to obtain a hardship permit for you while the case is pending.
- Traffic violations — In addition to DUI charges, police often cite drivers with traffic tickets for other moving and non-moving violations. Mitch Stone knows how to effectively represent you on all traffic offenses, from speeding tickets to criminal traffic offenses such as reckless driving or driving while license suspended.
- Suspended license restoration — We help clients get their license back after suspension or revocation or challenge the basis of traffic offenses that led to the suspension.
- BUI — Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is a crime just like DUI and comes with many of the same harsh penalties. Mitch Stone can fight to protect you from consequences like impoundment and forfeiture of your boat, loss of your boating privileges, loss of your captain’s license, or loss of your regular driving privileges.
- DUI appeals — Mitch Stone has won significant appellate decisions in the state of Florida concerning DUI cases. To find out if our firm can assist with your appeal, get in touch with us today.
Have you been pulled over for driving under the influence? Our Jacksonville DUI lawyer is ready to represent you. Call Mitchell A. Stone, P.A. today at (904) 263-5005 or contact us online now!
What is the IID Program for DUI in Florida?
An IID requires that you blow into the device without a trace of alcohol on your breath before the vehicle will start. It may also require you to blow periodically throughout your drive, to ensure that the driver is the one who’s breath is being used.
If you are convicted for driving under the influence you may be required to install an IID on your vehicle. For more information on IID's or to get started on your free consultation, contact our Jacksonville DUI attorney.
Is an IID Mandatory with DUI Charges?
This device will be mandatory for any first-offenders that had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) percentage of 0.15 at the time they were pulled over.
IID Installation Penalties
- First Offense – 6 months
- Second Offense – 1 year
- Third and more – 2 or more years
EXPERIENCED JACKSONVILLE DUI LAWYER
Jacksonville DUI attorney Mitch Stone is widely recognized for his progressive challenges to police procedure, breath tests, and roadside sobriety tests. As a respected member of the legal community here in Jacksonville, Mr. Stone possesses the following qualifications:
- Faculty member of the Florida Bar's Masters of DUI seminar for over 10 years
- Chair of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ annual Blood, Breath & Tears DUI defense seminar
- Served on the faculty of other continuing legal education DUI defense seminars, including DUIDLA’s Diving into DUI and the Lorman DUI Seminar, designed to teach other DUI lawyers in Jacksonville how to defend DUI cases
Accused of Drunk Driving? Get Top-Tier DUI Defense Today
A drunk driving conviction can be a serious disruption to your life and your reputation. If you have been arrested and accused of DUI, do not take this lightly. Get in touch with a DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible after your arrest to begin building your case. With the right advocate on your side, you stand a better chance of potentially having your charges reduced or dismissed.
You or your attorney MUST request a Florida DMV administrative hearing no later than 10 days after your arrest to contest the suspension of your driver's license, so don't wait another minute to schedule your consultation with our firm. Mitch Stone is ready to ensure that your rights and your driving privileges are protected as you move through each step of your case.
Contact Mitchell A. Stone, P.A. today for a FREE confidential consultation with our Jacksonville, Florida DUI attorney!