If you or someone you care about is under suspicion or has been charged with a crime, whether a felony or lesser offense, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified criminal defense attorney before making any statement or responding to questions from police, investigators or prosecutors.
At Stone Lockett, our lawyers always make it a point to know more than the opposition knows: about the law, about the facts and about the evidence. Often, we can demonstrate that the state lacks the evidence to prove its case, or that there were such flaws in procedure that the case must be dismissed altogether. Contact our Jacksonville law office for a confidential, free consultation about your situation.
Criminal Defense Attorneys in Jacksonville, Florida
Working as a team with experts and investigators, the criminal law attorneys at Stone Lockett have a long record of favorable verdicts and outcomes for our clients. The firm represents clients accused of crimes in all state and federal courts in Florida. We have the experience, reputation and knowledge to represent clients in any court proceeding. You can rely on our proven skills when bad things happen to good people.
Our Criminal Law Practice
Drug crimes — Drug crime convictions can have a devastating impact on your life. We provide a skilled and creative defense to challenge the government's case and the methods employed by law enforcement.
Fraud and white collar crimes — We provide a sophisticated defense to counter financial crime investigations by the FBI, DEA, IRS, SEC and other state and federal agencies. We have handled major indictments across the spectrum:
- Health care fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Government fraud
- Identity theft, credit card fraud and Internet crimes
- Money laundering and asset forfeiture
- Public corruption
- Tax fraud and tax evasion
Violent crimes and weapons charges — State and federal authorities have made the prosecution of these type cases a priority. Minimum mandatory sentencing and enhanced prison terms apply to convictions in this arena. Board-certified criminal trial lawyer Mitch Stone has developed effective strategies to counter such prosecutions. As a result, clients have experienced favorable results including suppression of evidence, dismissal and not guilty verdicts at trial.
Sexual offenses — Few charges involve as much emotion and prejudice against the accused as sex crimes. The reality for an accused convicted of a sex crime includes harsh prison terms and sexual offender registration requirements. Stone Lockett has the experience, knowledge and reputation to ensure our clients are treated fairly even in the face of such egregious allegations. We have consistently produced favorable results due to our aggressive defense work.
DUI and driving offenses — Stone Lockett is recognized across Florida as an authority on drunk driving defense. The firm is prepared to defend DUI cases at all stages including jury trials. Mitch Stone, Lee Lockett, and Becky Barlow have conducted over 150 criminal DUI jury trials to verdict.
At Stone Lockett, we have experience building successful and powerful criminal defense cases in all areas, including:
- BUI and boating offenses/fish and wildlife violations — Boating under the influence is as serious as DUI in a car, and we understand the important differences in the law.
- Theft, burglary and property crimes — We have defended clients on misdemeanors and major felony charges, aiming to avoid a conviction or keep it off your record if possible.
- Juvenile crimes — We work to protect the rights of your child and prevent a bad decision — or an arrest for a serious felony — from ruining his or her future.
- Law enforcement defense — There is no leniency when police officers are accused of crimes; prosecutors and judges are eager to prove that no one is above the law.
- Grand jury proceedings — We advise and represent targets of investigations, witnesses or subjects who might be later indicted in state or federal grand jury sessions.
- Post-conviction relief — Stone Lockett handles criminal appeals, with a special emphasis on reopening old convictions for immigrants facing deportation or barriers to citizenship.
Find Out Where You Stand
You can reach our Jacksonville office at 904-396-3335, or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.